[TYPO3-english] extension builder (extbase/fluid): problem with combining data over 2 tables

Steffen Liebig steffen.liebig at gmx.de
Mon Oct 8 17:45:07 CEST 2012

Hello there everyone,

I'm trying to develop an own extension to show club data separating
clubs into a by-district-list. Therefore I made up two tables - one for
the clubs and one for the districts (categories) - plus a 1:n-relation
meaning that every club can be in an exactly one district (surely many
clubs in the same district as well).

The output should show up like this:

District I            District II/III     District IV.....V.....VI
Thistown
Therevillage

but the best I get is this:

Tx_Clubdaten_Domain_Model_Kategorie:4 	Thistown
Tx_Clubdaten_Domain_Model_Kategorie:3 	Therevillage
.
.
.

So the result means that the extension only selects and shows the uiD of
the category (suiting query can't be found), not it's name and not in
the least as a separated list.

None of my attempts to put something like "<for each "kategorien" as
"kategorie"><f:link.action action="show" arguments="{kategorie :
kategorie}">...{kategorie.name}
with or without list-tags added to the "vereine"-template has worked.

Copying the list-function from one controller to the other to extend the
"clubs"-controller failed into a warning. Unfortunately, as a
non-programmer, I gotta few problems with the way things are handled via
this new concept (controller, database, classes etc). Maybe that's a
part of the reason.

Even more unfortunately, I don't find a suiting extension fpor these
needs which means I have to make it up on my own. Does anyone have an
idea of how I can tell my extension to show a list of the specified kind ?

Thx very much

Steffen