[TYPO3-english] Performance under windows?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Oct 5 19:36:12 CEST 2012

Hi Gorosito,

Gorosito Gonzalo wrote:

> But, after doing all that, on windows the page load is ~1.6s and on
> linux 390ms!!! The difference from windows to linux is that PHP is
> 64bits on linux and 32bits only on windows (because there's no
> official build and also there's no support from PHP to Visual C 10).

Did you run some profiles already?
buzz.typo3.org/people/steffen-gebert/article/profiling-typo3-with-xhprof/

I would not be surprised if PHP takes much more time to read all files from
disk.

Do you have some kind of opcode cache in Linux? (e.g. xcache)
Is the linux on the same computer or how does the hardware differ?
HDD random seek time, raw CPU speed, etc ...

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!