[TYPO3-english] [TYPO3-ttnews] main_news function in class.tx_ttnews.php never executes

Ulrik Høyer Kold uhk at netimage.dk
Thu Oct 4 10:09:07 CEST 2012

Hi groups (sorry about the cross-posting),

I have a pretty serious problem with tt_news 3.2.1 in TYPO3 4.7.4 which
has really given me a headache.

A customer's page has a tt_news plugin configured with a regular LIST
view, but does not display anything in FE.

The HTML comments indicate, that the tt_news plugin never executes:

<!-- Plugin inserted: [begin] -->

<!-- Plugin inserted: [end] -->

When I try to put debug statements into tx_ttnews->main_news() nothing
is output.

I tried:

* die() - same result
* debug() - same result
* devLog() - same result
* error_log() - same result
* print() - same result
* a broken statement - This make PHP throw up an error

This indicates to me, that the class is included with includeLibs, but
main_news is never executed afterwards.

TSOB confirms that tt_news is included:

userFunc = tx_ttnews->main_news

Any hints to the solution to this problem?

Note: I also cleared page cache, browser cache, and disabled cache for
the page.

/Ulrik Høyer Kold
Web / TYPO3 developer for
Netimage A/S