[TYPO3-english] SYS lockingMode

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Nov 28 19:09:10 CET 2012

Hi,

On 28-11-2012 17:07, Gorosito Gonzalo wrote:
> After googling for a while I couldn't find where it says what the
> lockingMode config directive actually means, does anybody know?

If a page is requested and it's not present in the cache it must be
generated. If during the generation a second request for the page is
done that process will also try to generate that same page.

To prevent this a lock can be created for the generation of this page.
The setting lockingMode lets you set the method that is used for this:

String: Define which locking mode is used to control requests to pages
being generated. Can be one of either "disable" (no locking), "simple"
(checks for file existance), "flock" (using PHPs flock() function),
"semaphore" (using PHPs sem_acquire() function). Default is "disable".

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!