[TYPO3-english] hints

Stefan Reichelt eichelt at web.de
Wed Nov 28 12:06:37 CET 2012

Hi Tomasz,

On 28/11/2012 07:25, Tomasz Krawczyk wrote:
> I applied this in my site with 4.5.21. It relay removed all help but
> also titles in the list module.

Well, that sucks, sorry for that. Change the function of the
user_removehelp class into this to get the titles back:
--
	function init($params) {
		$GLOBALS['TCA_DESCR'] = array();

There is just one other problem though. It seems that because of the
hook used, this function is called everytime on a record in these
modules when some of its fields are processed for something about making
them human readable (t3lib_BEfunc::getProcessedValue). In short, the
user function is called several times per record, every record on
whatever module/view used with them.

So while this small function doesn't do much, having the possibility of
it being called a few hundred times on pages with possibly many records
sounds kinda... not good.
Maybe there is a better hook to use instead, but I did not found it yet.
Someone else maybe?

Sorry about all that. :(

Kind regards
Stefan