[TYPO3-english] hints

Stefan Reichelt eichelt at web.de
Mon Nov 26 12:44:59 CET 2012

On 26/11/2012 11:51, Katja Lampela wrote:
> 26.11.2012 10:57, Dmitry Dulepov kirjoitti:
>> Those tooltips appear even when help is removed and accidental click
>> on them opens a new window, which is a big loss of time for experts...
>>

> this is so true.

Hello,

wasn't there an option in pageTS/userTS to remove/alter these? I
remember having something like that at around TYPO3 4.1 or 4.2...
I'm not sure, it's so long ago. Did that really got removed?

Anyway, I found this through google: [1].
It is in german so I will briefly explain it, I also tested it and
it seems to work.

Create, for example, fileadmin/class.user_removehelp.php and in it:
--
<?php
class user_removehelp {

Add it as a hook into the typo3conf/localconf.php:
--
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['t3lib/class.t3lib_befunc.php']['postProcessValue']['local']
= 'fileadmin/class.user_removehelp.php:user_removehelp->init';

Clear cache and reload. Tooltips should be gone now.
Use with caution though, I do not know what other repercussions this
could have/create. Though I don't think it will. As far as I remember
the TCA_DESCR arrays only purpose were these tooltips?

Wish y'all a nice week and
kind regards
Stefan

[1]