[TYPO3-english] strange characters on webpages after immigration

RDE - Gert Redlich gr2 at ipw.net
Fri Nov 23 15:35:33 CET 2012

tom schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I checked both my old and new databse is:utf8_general_ci, and typo3
> configuration: [BE][forceCharset] = utf-8 My typo3 version is 4.5.
> So now the only way to get rid of the strange characters is to delete them
> manually, right?
>
> Blessings--Tom

No Tom,
it is a question of exporting or dumping the old database
but with the right options - and importing that file into
the new preconfigured database.

the export on Linux os-level looks like

mysqldump -u"user" -p"passw"  -hlocalhost --add-drop-table my_web_name --compatible=mysql40 >
/tmp/mx_web_name-neutral-utf.sql

this did work in the past, I would try this

and report the results here

Gert Redlich