[TYPO3-english] strange characters on webpages after immigration

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Nov 22 08:21:13 CET 2012

Am 22.11.2012 04:40, schrieb tom:
> Hi,
>
> After  I copied over a typo3 site to the other server, I saw many strange
> characters: Â on webpages. what might cause this problem? How to fix?
> Thanks

seems you have an UTF8 problem.
either your old or your new database was not nativly UTF8.
configuring TYPO3 to FORCE UTF8 will insert an extra conversion and
change non-ASCII characters out of range.

look for your SQL-export. is it clean UTF8?
are your database, your tables, your fields UTF8?

try to convert it to clean UTF8
use a clean TYPO3 configuration. if the database is clean you need no
explicit configuration in localconf.php since 4.5

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html