[TYPO3-english] problem when copying typo3 site to the other server

tom typostudy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 13:22:07 CET 2012

Hi,

I am trying to copy one typo3 site over to the other server. So first I am
trying to download the folder from my old server.
1. I tried zip command
the command line I put is like this: -bash-3.2$ zip -r crossroads.zip
crossroads
But I got below warning:
 zip warning: name not matched:
crossroads/typo3conf/ext/jc_content_editor/jc_content_editor/jc_content_editor/
jc_content_editor/jc_content_editor/jc_content_editor/jc_content_editor/...

2. I tried to tar command,
tar -czf crossroads.tar.gz crossroads/,
under /home/gdirectj/public_html/crossroads,there are  8 folders and other
files
cgi-bin
fileadmin
misc
t3lib
typo3
typo3conf
typo3temp
uploads

but in crossroads.tar.gz , only five folders,
cgi-bin
fileadmin
typo3conf
typo3temp
uploads

So what could be the problem? How could I download my folder from server?

Tom