[TYPO3-english] question about XHTML compliant

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Nov 21 04:08:30 CET 2012

Hi tom,

tom wrote:

> My question is: what does "XHTML compliant websites" mean? most sites are
> Html Transitional, right? what kind sites we should make as XHTML
> compliant websites?

It depends what content type (google for mime type - either html or xml) a
website should have. As the internet explorer did not support the XML mime
type, it was (and still is) rarely used.

I am a fan of strict XML and thus xHTML, but it really is a matter of taste
and browsers do not care.

With HTML5, you can both use the strict and the non-strict form.

Cheers
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!