[TYPO3-english] Get Extension Status

Richard Davies richard at ocular.co.nz
Mon Nov 19 21:24:39 CET 2012

Hi Pablo,

The users are automatically asked to update/add tables/fields in the
extension manager. For outside the manager (depending where you need it)
you could use a hook or just run a checker in code you have somewhere.

If you check out t3lib_DB, you'll see you can use
admin_get_fields($tablename)
to get information about the fields in a table. See below about return
values.
http://api.typo3.org/typo3v4/45/html/classt3lib___d_b.html#a26606acd719065cafdd7b5c3990f033e
To see if the table exists, you could try admin_get_tables (
) but from what it says I'm not sure if it will give currently existing
tables in the database or just all referenced tables in Typo3 instead.

Richard