[TYPO3-english] simple mail not working with default mail settings

Domi djgarms at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 13:30:02 CET 2012

Hi Jigal

> If you feel you found a bug,
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-core/issues is the place to be.

I will do so, if anyone else has the same problem. As its only me maybe
something is weird on my Server. I was only curious why the sysext does
not work out of the box.

> Ehm... a checkbox is meant to give you a choice to either check it or
> not. If you don't check it the form element will not be sent.
> If you turn it into a required element the user must check it; thus it
> is not a choice anymore and you don't need a form element for it.

I see this differently. Almost all of the websites I built (mostly in
Germany) needs in one of their mailforms a checkbox, where they accept
some T&C or understood user data policies with a link to that page. And
even if not, I would say it shouldn't be hard to just give for all input
elements the required option, then all cases are good.

All the best,

Dominic