[TYPO3-english] Last TYPO3 version without fluid/extbase

Andreas Becker cocopapa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:11:39 CET 2012

Sent from my iPad

On 16 พ.ย. 2555, at 21:04, "Tonix (Antonio Nati)" <tonix at interazioni.it> wrote:

> Il 16/11/2012 14:01, Stefan Reichelt ha scritto:
>> On 16/11/2012 11:07, Andreas Becker wrote:
>>>
>>> If the project plan would be published also for the community in advance
>>> than probably all those discussions hee would be obsolete or would take
>>> place BEFORE changes have already been manifested.
>>
>> As far as I know, there are not many of these discussions. It's just
>> a few people who seem to prefer complaining over reading.
>> Anyway, I believe such a project plan is called a roadmap in this
>> community.
>
> I've looked for typo3 roadmap, and found:
>
> * http://typo3.org/roadmap/
> * http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v47-projects/wiki
>
> with no words on extbase/fluid.
>
> Finally, only in http://typo3.org/download/release-notes/typo3-4-7-release-notes/
>
> I've found a word about fluid templates, which are necessary for indexed search.
>
> There is very little to discuss on a release notes... all the work has been done.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tonino

I think everyone is able to read IF there is something to read. People complain often perhaps because there wasn't anything to read before changes appeared and blocked other things. If it would work people won't complain ;-) Tonino is right to ask for a projectplan or a roadmap which holds such major information.

Transparency in the development would be appreciated and a roadmap should actually point out such major changes long before things happen.

@Georg
A Changelog gets written usually after changes have been made or? This is to late for such information.