[TYPO3-english] simple mail not working with default mail settings

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Nov 16 13:22:25 CET 2012

Hi,

On 16-11-2012 13:53, Domi wrote:
> "email" are the default fields from TYPO3 core if I start with the
> element. And now after hours of testing its actually a huge bug, that
> this email field needs to get renamed...

If you feel you found a bug,
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-core/issues is the place to be.

> The second weird thing: Required is available for all element types, but
> not for checkboxes. So how many time do somebody needs to check that he
> understand TermsAndConditions or something else...I think it would
> really make sense that a more serious mailform would ship in with TYPO3
> in the core.

Ehm... a checkbox is meant to give you a choice to either check it or
not. If you don't check it the form element will not be sent.
If you turn it into a required element the user must check it; thus it
is not a choice anymore and you don't need a form element for it.

It really doesn't make sense to make a checkbox required.

(When it comes to accepting Terms and Conditions, please check with the
legal people if such a checkbox is really necessary. For my country I
have read some articles which say that a simple link in an order form is
enough.)

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member