[TYPO3-english] html5 video in youtube inside tt_news

Rob De Vries dev at rob-ot.be
Fri Nov 16 12:34:04 CET 2012

Hey Federico,

Best way is to extend tt_news yourself with your own extension.
there is a lot of documentation on how to do that. It may be 'hard' the first
time, but once you know how to do this, it will open up a lot of new ways to
work with typo3 (or tt_news)

Basicly, you only need a new field where you have to add the id of the youtube
video.

you then can add the if ram yourself with typescript and a generic marker for
tt_news:
20 = TEXT
20.dataWrap =  <iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/
embed/{field:id_code}" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

good luck
Rob

Federico Bernardin <typo3list at bernardin.it> wrote:

> Hi list,
> I need to insert video inside news element, I decided to use
rgmediaimages and rgmediaimagesttnews, but when I try to view videos
(from youtube) in ipad (or html5 similar device) they aren't shown. I
suppose the problem is relative to swfobject, because it is called when
videos embeded from youtube.