[TYPO3-english] New mailing list for meta discussions (was: Re: Rebranding: Get the green back)

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Fri Nov 16 12:03:44 CET 2012

Hi Dmitry,

> Michael Stucki wrote:
>> please stop it. That doesn't help anything.
>
> I only wanted to say that we already have infrastructure that works well
> for communication: mailing lists connected to news groups. I do not see
> a reason to change it because of the [theoretical] idea that young
> people do not know what mailing lists are. This discussion happens again
> and again and many existing people are against web-based forums. I am
> not against forums but I do not see benefits changing to them.

I'm not sure if you read my post completely, but I mentioned already
that we are going to provide a forum which is connected to the
newsgroups / mailing lists in the same way as they already are.
So everyone can use the tool of his preference.

Cheers, Michael

--
Michael Stucki
TYPO3 Core Team member