[TYPO3-english] Last TYPO3 version without fluid/extbase

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri Nov 16 11:13:36 CET 2012

Hey,

On 11/16/2012 02:43 AM, Andi wrote:
> it would be a disaster if we would hear about it after probably major parts of the core will depend on extbase/fluid with no chance to deinstall anything.

With 4.7, some smaller core extensions were rewritten to fluid/extbase
(IIRC aboutmodules and about), so you still can unload fluid/extbase if
you do not use those.

With 6.0, a group of main core extensions (extension manager, belog,
beuser, ...) was rewritten to fluid/extbase, and some core features use
extbase, too (eg. FAL for signal/slots). Therefore, with 6.0, extbase
and fluid are hardcoded to be loaded.

Regards
Christian