[TYPO3-english] is TYPO3 for me

Alessandro Tuveri at at uniud.it
Thu Nov 15 18:06:54 CET 2012

HI Alexander

> There are beautiful sites with TYPO3 in the background.
ok I know there is some beautiful sites as Lindt, etc, just looking
t3blog.com.

The fact is a bit different; I meant that there is not any beautiful
template at low cost (ie: 60-100$) for selling in templatemonster

> But all the rest is true. TYPO3 is not able to show its benefits to
> people who are not working as developers.

Maybe we must study some marketing strategies to compare TYPO3 vs
other CMS. Usually I give some information from cmsmatrix.org sites,
but the customer ignore it and, as said before, make the choice
considering only the graphical aspect.

> On 2012-11-15 12:58:25 +0000, Alessandro Tuveri said:
>
>> Hi folks
>> I approve. But there is a problem that is not connected directly (or
>> better patially connected) with TYPO3.
>>
>> Recently I have lost some occasion because the customer preferred to
>> use WORDPRESS. This is very annoying because we are engaged to improve
>> TYPO3 and it is a excellent CMS, but this is not understood.
>>
>> Obviously DDD, OO, MVC  and the other techniques are very important.
>>
>> On my opinion it is very hard to explain to customers why they should
>> prefer a site with TYPO3 CMS.They do not understand anything about
>> DDD, OO, etc. they simply are asking for a beautiful site and doesn't
>> matter what we are doing as programmers.
>>
>> More frequent their choice is WORDPRESS or other simply because they
>> are looking for a graphic template very cool.
>>
>> Unfortunately sites as templatemonster, etc. are not selling templates
>> for TYPO3 CMS and there is not a beautiful site for TYPO3 (viceversa
>> there is a lot of responsive and good sites made using
>> HTML5/CSS/RESPONSIVE).
>>
>> This is the MAIN cause OF lack of popularity and sadly of new
>> opportunities for us.
>>
>> thank you
>>
>> ALEX

ALESSANDRO TUVERI