[TYPO3-english] is TYPO3 for me

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Nov 15 16:37:15 CET 2012

Hi,

>> on Thu, 15 Nov 2012 15:41:09 +0100
>> Jigal van Hemert <jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Untrue. TemplaVoilà is maintained by a core dev (Tolleiv), used by
>>> several core devs and Tolleiv has said several times in the past that
>>> he will publish a new release with new TYPO3 versions to keep it
>>> compatible.
>> New release will be Extbase-d?
>
> very unlikely ... maybe the user interface, but not in the new future ...
> but I am not into the templavoila development.
>
> I guess it depends on the fact that someone must go ahead and do it ;)

I'm creating most of my extensions with Extbase & Fluid but I must say
that very often I have to rely on some custom code to make it "quick"
enough for my needs.

Something that people seems to not see is that Extbase provides a clean
structure for extensions but in no way one cannot achieve to get very
clean extensions with pi_base. In no way an extension must be using
Extbase to be clean.

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers