[TYPO3-english] extbase and fluid

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Nov 15 16:26:31 CET 2012

Hi,

On 15-11-2012 15:43, JP J wrote:
> I wonder if one should use extbase and fluid  as much as possible to
> develop typo3 extensions, in order to make them compatible with future
> versions of Typo3.
> Bu the way, what will become the old extensions, developed without extbase
> and fluid, in future versions of typo3 ?

extbase and fluid can be important to learn the programming style and
techniques that are used in TYPO3 Neos.

In future versions of TYPO3 CMS the pi_base extensions will continue to
work. There are no plans yet to deprecate the pi_base functions (this
may change over time, but it is not very likely IMO).

If TYPO3 CMS 7.0 will arrive (it's too far into the future to know about
that) older extensions (the non-extbase extensions) will need some
adjustments because the backwards compatibility code for the namespaces
will be removed by then. This is however too far into the future to say
anything useful about it.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member