[TYPO3-english] is TYPO3 for me

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Nov 15 15:41:09 CET 2012

Hi Alex,

Just a quick reply to get a few facts straight.

On 15-11-2012 14:36, Andi wrote:
> Unfortunately TemplaVoila is not loved by some or the majority of
> core devs so with new releases it wasn't working only after many from
> the community complaint.

Untrue. TemplaVoilà is maintained by a core dev (Tolleiv), used by
several core devs and Tolleiv has said several times in the past that he
will publish a new release with new TYPO3 versions to keep it compatible.

> Powermail was great WAS unfortunately.

"great" is an opinion, so I will not comment on that. Facts are that
PowerMail 1.x is only maintained for bugfixes and PowerMail 2 is
currently the actively developed version. PowerMail2 is a complete
rewrite and not backwards compatible.

> The Ter is still not cleaned up!!! from all those Extensions woth
> deprecated functions and which result in php errors since 4.7.7 and
> worse 6

True, I'm sorry for that. Unfortunately the new typo3.org with a new TER
frontend, TER maintenance, etc. got in the way (TER frontend needs to be
modified for the clean-up). It's still on my agenda.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!