[TYPO3-english] New mailing list for meta discussions (was: Re: Rebranding: Get the green back)

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Nov 15 14:27:50 CET 2012

Hi Alexander,

Alexander Hahn wrote:

> I don't want to say 'a forum', because this alone won't help. It has to
> be something else, something in the browser, something open, without
> barriers to get started with. Mailing lists are not known to many
> people, especially young people.

Please make the "something" else into a "concrete" else.

Unless you have a very good suggestion, please do not move all important
services into the browser. Most stuff works, but not all.

Many people do not know mailing lists or newsgroups. Neither many people do
not know to use excel or word (properly).
Young people do not know anything unless they figure it out by themselves or
someone teaches them. Thus it is not an argument that something is not know
to young people. Either thy do not need it or they will learn it.

Just - please - do not try to tell people what is effective communication
until you really used it.
Please to not try to tell people to new hipster way of doing things which
will solve all problems. Because it will not - simple not. Most likely you
end up with more problems than before.

If something really can be improved, then you can find concrete suggestions.
A "something" will not do it and just wastes a lot of time.

And final work, I posted today already: A few simple barriers are good,
because it makes people think about what they really want. This keeps
everyone focused and results in less low-level noise.

Cheers
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!