[TYPO3-english] New mailing list for meta discussions (was: Re: Rebranding: Get the green back)

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Thu Nov 15 14:15:37 CET 2012

Hey Alexander & Dmitry,

please stop it. That doesn't help anything.

I'm aware of the page about the "Community Strategy". However, it lacks
the fact that there is a plan for creating a forum which is synched with
all our mailing lists and newsgroups. Three different ways to access the
same content, where everyone can pick his personal favourite to
communicate with.

This project has progressed very well recently and we plan to launch it
soon. We certainly won't stop it now. If it really turns out it's not
good enough, we will find out as people won't use it. Also there would
still be the chance to create something totally new (for example, we'd
like to experiment with something similar like stackoverflow.com soon...)

So my suggestion is: Let us finish this. If you think it's wrong, you
might see that it won't be used. However, if we manage to involve more
people into general discussions, then it's at least worth a try.

- michael

--
Michael Stucki
TYPO3 Core Team member