[TYPO3-english] is TYPO3 for me

Alessandro Tuveri at at uniud.it
Thu Nov 15 13:58:25 CET 2012

Hi folks
I approve. But there is a problem that is not connected directly (or
better patially connected) with TYPO3.

Recently I have lost some occasion because the customer preferred to
use WORDPRESS. This is very annoying because we are engaged to improve
TYPO3 and it is a excellent CMS, but this is not understood.

Obviously DDD, OO, MVC  and the other techniques are very important.

On my opinion it is very hard to explain to customers why they should
prefer a site with TYPO3 CMS.They do not understand anything about
DDD, OO, etc. they simply are asking for a beautiful site and doesn't
matter what we are doing as programmers.

More frequent their choice is WORDPRESS or other simply because they
are looking for a graphic template very cool.

Unfortunately sites as templatemonster, etc. are not selling templates
for TYPO3 CMS and there is not a beautiful site for TYPO3 (viceversa
there is a lot of responsive and good sites made using
HTML5/CSS/RESPONSIVE).

This is the MAIN cause OF lack of popularity and sadly of new
opportunities for us.

thank you

ALEX