[TYPO3-english] New mailing list for meta discussions (was: Re: Rebranding: Get the green back)

Alexander Hahn ringedingdong at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 13:15:12 CET 2012

On 2012-11-15 11:05:33 +0000, Dmitry Dulepov said:

> Hi!
>
> Alexander Hahn wrote:
>> In my opinion there much better tools for this than mailing lists.
>
> Like what? How do you let people from all over the world to communicate
> in a better way? :)

Please have a look here: http://wiki.typo3.org/CommunityStrategy

I don't want to say 'a forum', because this alone won't help. It has to
be something else, something in the browser, something open, without
barriers to get started with. Mailing lists are not known to many
people, especially young people. But I think everyone wants them to
contribute to TYPO3 too. There are tutorials for mailing lists, but I
don't think mailing lists bring all potential people to one place.
Especially designers or people developing strategic & creative concepts
are not as represented as developer/programmer.