[TYPO3-english] is TYPO3 for me

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Thu Nov 15 08:40:24 CET 2012

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:38:18 +0100
"Patrick Schriner" <patrick.schriner at diemedialen.de> wrote:

> Extbase / Fluid allows for fairly simple extension development.

That's something what I'd like to know...enough to tweak and write some
simple extension without going to deep and writing complete apps.

> Moreover in a lot of cases you can get away without writing any SQL
> yourself - but you have to except the tradeoff (ORMs will never have
> the same performance as optimized queries).

That's expected and not a problem for me.

> In general Extbase suits better to more modern PHP approaches -
> encapsulation, abstraction, TDD or unit tests in general - than
> classic pi_base Extension development. Most Extbase extension we
> write tend to be a lot nicer (code-wise) and more maintainable then
> classic extensions.

I've to find out what is this pi_base used for writing extensions...

> Regarding Neos - I have never used it - but I would never suggest /
> recommend using a 1.0 release if you are not of the adventurous
> kind. Around the end of next year with the probable 6.2 release there
> might be a good reason to switch to Neos as 6.2 will (by removing the
> compatibility layer for missing namespaces) break most of the old
> extensions anyway (if I'm not missing a point).

Now I wonder how will 6.2 and/or Neos catch with the present wealth of
so many extensions which are decorating TYPO3 at the present moment?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person who is not disturbed by the incessant flow of
desires — that enter like rivers into the ocean, which is