[TYPO3-english] is TYPO3 for me

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Wed Nov 14 15:14:23 CET 2012

Il 14/11/2012 11:59, Patrick Schriner ha scritto:
> If you are into general statements:
>
> I have yet to see a meaningfull number of graphics that were capable
> of building decent HTML.

I use professional graphics, and they work great.
I just needed initially to spent some hours to agree on marks and parts
(philosophy), but now they are autonomous and make terrific works.
They change templates as they want, and I change code as I want. All
works at first shot.

> Cooperation for me means: I get at least a design, at best a template,
> and I adapt it to what the extension really needs // does (and: what
> makes sense in HTML/CSS).

We always adapt extensions to our needs, not our needs to extensions.

Probably we have different needs (and different visions).

> Just take a look at e.g. the templates of "cal" and tell me that they
> are honestly better than what you do with Fluid.

Fluid is for one-man-band webmasters, not for professionists of analysis
and coding.

Regards,

Tonino

> On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:51:47 +0100, Tonix (Antonio Nati)
> <tonix at interazioni.it> wrote:
>
>> Il 14/11/2012 11:38, Patrick Schriner ha scritto:
>>>
>>> In general Extbase suits better to more modern PHP approaches -
>>> encapsulation, abstraction, TDD or unit tests in general - than
>>> classic pi_base Extension development. Most Extbase extension we
>>> write tend to be a lot nicer (code-wise) and more maintainable then
>>> classic extensions.
>>
>> In general extbase makes any cooperation between graphics and
>> programmers useless, as templates written by graphics cannot be used
>> anymore, while the 'old' templating system let both worlds work
>> together, and use graphic's work immediately.
>>
>> extbase focuses on a unique model: the one-man-band webmaster,
>> forgetting completely about cooperation between different stages od
>> development (like graphics and coding).
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Tonino
>>

> Cheerful,
> Patrick Schriner

         Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
    http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it