[TYPO3-english] is TYPO3 for me

Patrick Schriner patrick.schriner at diemedialen.de
Wed Nov 14 11:59:47 CET 2012

If you are into general statements:

I have yet to see a meaningfull number of graphics that were capable of
building decent HTML.

Cooperation for me means: I get at least a design, at best a template, and
I adapt it to what the extension really needs // does (and: what makes
sense in HTML/CSS).

Just take a look at e.g. the templates of "cal" and tell me that they are
honestly better than what you do with Fluid.

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:51:47 +0100, Tonix (Antonio Nati)
<tonix at interazioni.it> wrote:

> Il 14/11/2012 11:38, Patrick Schriner ha scritto:
>>
>> In general Extbase suits better to more modern PHP approaches -
>> encapsulation, abstraction, TDD or unit tests in general - than classic
>> pi_base Extension development. Most Extbase extension we write tend to
>> be a lot nicer (code-wise) and more maintainable then classic
>> extensions.
>
> In general extbase makes any cooperation between graphics and
> programmers useless, as templates written by graphics cannot be used
> anymore, while the 'old' templating system let both worlds work
> together, and use graphic's work immediately.
>
> extbase focuses on a unique model: the one-man-band webmaster,
> forgetting completely about cooperation between different stages od
> development (like graphics and coding).
>
> Regards,
>
> Tonino

Cheerful,