[TYPO3-english] how to use git

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Nov 14 09:27:04 CET 2012

Hi,

On 14-11-2012 7:57, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> In fact! And I must admit I don't really like that many extensions are
> no more "officially" published to TER.

With the ability of the 6.0 EM to install extensions in a ZIP format
instead of T3X it becomes even easier to bypass TER completely.

TER has many advantages, but most are relevant for site admins:
- central place to search for extensions
- security team can remove unsafe (versions of) extensions
- easy updates from EM
- upload comment can show the improvements
- shows active development to the world

I personally consider it a bad development if extensions move away from TER.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!