[TYPO3-english] is TYPO3 for me

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Mon Nov 12 14:55:37 CET 2012

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 12:58:40 +0100
Jigal van Hemert <jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org> wrote:

> I've used it for one project. There are two different ways of using
> it:
> - use the plugin. This replaces the entire page (so your page setup
> is replaced with the definition in t3blog) and requires some
> configuration to make it fit with the rest of the site

This seems to be preferred way.

> - use the individual widgets. This requires a lot of configuration if
> you want to modify things

I believe we don't need such setup if the former is simpler?

> t3blog doesn't really use HTML templates for the output. Everything
> is done with TypoScript. If you know your way around TypoScript you
> can do magic with t3blog.

I hope to learn some...

> There are plenty of people who have experience with this and can help
> you further; I'm not an expert on server settings and server related
> tools.

OK.

> I agree. Some extension author have said that they only care about
> MySQL and don't even think about being compatible with other DBMS.

:-(

> You can try to use the system extension DBAL. It comes with some
> files that provide custom functions for PostgreSQL and others (they
> provide for example the MySQL function FIND_IN_SET() ).
> DBAL overrides part of the database API in TYPO3 and implements DBMS
> specific implementations of the API functions. It also has an engine
> to rewrite queries to make them compatible with other DBMS.

I'll check it out.

> The only the extension developer needs to do is to stick to a set of
> DBAL compatible constructions and functions in queries. Unfortunately
> not all extension authors do this.

Heh, it's not uncommon with other CMS-es...

> Enjoy TYPO3!

I'll do. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person is said to be elevated in yoga when, having renounced
all material desires, he neither acts for sense gratification