[TYPO3-english] question about html template

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Nov 7 16:11:28 CET 2012

Am 07.11.2012 14:47, schrieb tom:
> Hi,
>
> I tried, but still hard to find the right one in \fileadmin\templates,
> because there are many html templates inside, and some of them look pretty
> similar.
> Is there any way that I can clearly know which is the right html template
> the page is using through typo3/admin site or database, or TemplaVoila(I
> guess the site is  probably built through TemplaVoila )?

you need to analyse your typoscript to get the active configuration.

you may use the TSOB (TypoScriptObjectBrowser):
in the BE:
select web -> template
go to the/a page you want the template change.
switch to TSOB
scroll down to check the appropiate conditions, update

now you see the active typoscript of this page (and these conditions)

look for a PAGE-object with typeNum = 0 (default: 'page')

follow the configuration.

propably the page-content is included at page.10 (or beginning there)

either as plugin (userfunc), TEMPLATE-object or COA
you may follow these configuration until you find a specification of a
HTML-file.

in extension (like TV) it might be more complicated to find the
HTML-template.

in all cases at least you need to clear caches after HTML-template
modifying to get the changes to your FE. in some times you may need to
do more. (TV needs a remapping, ...)

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html