[TYPO3-english] Calendar Base (cal) has broken layout, editing doesn't work correctly

Tue Nov 6 11:08:11 CET 2012

Hi!

We wanted to use Calendar Base (cal 1.5.1) with Typo3 4.5.19 for a
website that needs a real calendar because there are too many events to
handle them in tt_news/mbl_newsevent.

As there is no BE module (or at least we couldn't find any), we
activated FE group simulation for backend users and wanted to edit them
via page preview (Web/View). Unfortunately, the layout is totally messed
up, see for yourself: (Firefox 16.0.2)

http://www.energiequant.de/images/foren/typo3-cal-month.png

http://www.energiequant.de/images/foren/typo3-cal-edit.png

Apart from the general layout, sometimes the RTE appears almost
correctly, but usually the icons are missing and the edit area is either
one line high or completely unreachable. If I copy a few paragraphs of
Lorem Ipsum into the RTE, the text goes missing before the summary is shown.

We already created a minimal template for that page (only bare
html/head/title/body without any DIVs etc.) because we thought our CSS
might cause those problems. We mapped it in TemplaVoila and created a
new template record. Static includes are set to:

CSS Styed Content (css_styled_content)
Static Info Tables (static_info_tables)
Classic CSS-based template (cal)
Classic-CSS styles (cal)
Fe-Editing (cal)

It doesn't matter if we choose classic or standard includes for cal and
selecting both doesn't work either. We already tried different order
without success.

The template record is set to clear constants & setup and to be a
rootlevel template (disabling doesn't matter, though).

If I reduce "Allowed views" to just Month, at least that part seems to
be correct but I still can't edit. We currently allow Month, Year,
Single Event, Create Event, Edit Event, Delete Event and Translation
Options. All other settings are on default.

It doesn't matter if we enable the page and view it in another browser
without a Typo3 BE login, the errors are the same.

I'd be glad if someone could shed some light on this, I'm completely out
of ideas right now and editing is almost unusable the way it currently
appears in our installation.

Thanks,
Daniel