[TYPO3-english] (TYPO3) Surf as official product?

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Mon Nov 5 10:57:08 CET 2012

Hi,

>From what I picked up from the brand presentation almost every
>"product" inside the TYPO3 universe can be prefixed "TYPO3 ...".

slightly different topic, but since the right audience is here:

Having "TYPO3" <blank> "product" as naming scheme doesn't look
like a wise decision to me.

The real world shows that there are many situations where you have
to replace the <blank>. Think of urls or look at what people
choose as Twitter hash tags. There its usually "#typo3cms". But
people do invent "typo3_cms", "typo3-cms" as notations as well.

Not to mentions the SEO aspects. Try searching "flow".

Having ONE word for a product could eleminate many problems.

T3!
If I were the king of TYPO3 land I'd even go for "T3". I would
make "T3" the "super brand" (Dachmarke). The approved products
would get "T3CoolStuff" as name.

my 2 cents!

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de