[TYPO3-english] (TYPO3) Surf as official product?

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Sun Nov 4 20:10:06 CET 2012

On 11/04/2012 06:59 PM, Steffen Gebert wrote:

> after some random thinking, I was asking my self, who defines/defined
> "Surf" to be called "TYPO3 Surf", thus make it a product of the TYPO3
> community and Association.
>
> Don't get me wrong: It's not that I dislike Surf - what I've seen so far
> looks nice - but it's just a matter of who can decided that (who took
> the decision, if there was one already?).

[...]

Hi,

I didn't know much yet about Surf until recently. But as part of the
whole rushed decision "We've invented new names - to be used as of
*now*" lately I haven't questioned this particular detail. It was
God-given as the rest :-)

But I agree to your question. Might at least be interesting to know.
And if it's "official" (has been named in several places) to also get to
know it better. There is no "surf.typo3.org" which, afaik, all the
official projects would usually have.

Kind regards,
 Stefan