[TYPO3-english] caretaker

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Nov 3 15:28:21 CET 2012

Hi,

On 3-11-2012 7:51, Katja Lampela wrote:
> I just found this great extension caretaker that checks different TYPO3
> installations and reports back centralized. Now it seems last update is
> a bit old and documentation insufficient and activity pretty quiet. I'm
> wondering the status of this ext; how widely is it used and updated and
> is it maybe worth sponsoring?
>
> My experience for installation is promising, but most of the tried tests
> don't work with 4.5 or 4.7.

I have it running on a couple of servers. You can find more recent
versions via forge [1] (they use github for the code now)

The "server" part is currently running on a 4.5 instance (no particular
reason) without any other extensions and an almost empty pagetree (only
caretaker folders). It monitors a range of sites with versions 4.5-4.7

Most checks work flawless (version checks within each TYPO3 version
4.5/4.6/4.7, unwanted BE users, no deprecation log, insecure extensions,
up-to-date extensions, website responding, etc.)

The most challenging part in the installation is copying the right keys
from "server" to "client" and back. You have to think about making
groups of checks for various types of websites (TYPO3 versions, but
maybe also SLA-type if you have that). If you have proper groups set up,
monitoring a new installation is quite easy.

[1] https://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-caretaker

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member