[TYPO3-english] importing wordpress site to TYPO3, suggestions?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu May 31 15:42:22 CEST 2012

Hi Katja,

> I should import a large (over 300 pages, 2 languages) WP site to TYPO3.
>
> It would be great if there was some initial importing way, even simple;
> like creating all pages in root level and contents in one column per
> page. I could then rearrange everything. But of course more complex
> (keeping the structure and the language) importing would be even better :)
>
> What would be your suggestion how to start? I have no knowledge of
> wordpress.

I did that recently, although my scenario was a bit different: I
imported WP articles into some custom table I made in TYPO3 and WP
images into the DAM. I used my extension external_import with the SQL
connector (svconnector_sql) to query the WP database. I have posted at
this address:

http://d.pr/f/ZbHQ

a ZIP file containing two PHP files.

- external_import.php is the actual configuration for external_import
- class.tx_journal_externalimport_hooks.php contains code using one of
the hooks in external_import to recreate links to DAM images or between
articles. That may be beyond what you need, but I thought I would still
throw it in if it can help.

If you take this course and have to work with pages, you should get the
current SVN version of external_import, which solves a bug related to
importing stuff as pages.

HTH

--

Francois Suter