[TYPO3-english] validation failed for

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu May 31 11:19:42 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 31-5-2012 9:53, Katja Lampela wrote:
> TYPO3 4.7.1 and mm_forum 1.9.1. Notification mails won't work (no mail
> sent) and I get
>
> Uncaught TYPO3 Exception
> #1294681467: Validation failed for: myemailaddress at address.com
> and so on
>
> I have found lots of posts about swiftmail problems and I suspect this
> might be one of them too, but I didn't find any solution.

First of all this error does not come from SwiftMailer, but from the
adapter we made for extensions which don't use the new mail API.

In 4.7 the t3lib_htmlmail library is removed, but some very simple mail
functions are still present in the core. Because t3lib_htmlmail is
removed you can't disable the adapter.

If mm_forum doesn't use the new mail API and tries to build its own
mails the adapter will try hard to disassemble the mail and use each
component to send the message via the new mail API. Because SwiftMailer
sticks very much to standards the email addresses need to be valid too.
Therefore we have to validate each email address.

myemailaddress at address.com has the right format, but I suspect that this
is not the address in the error message ;-)

Report to the authors of mm_forum that they should add support for the
new mail API (which has been around since TYPO3 4.5 ...).

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!