[TYPO3-english] importing wordpress site to TYPO3, suggestions?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu May 31 07:53:14 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 31-5-2012 6:24, Katja Lampela wrote:
> I should import a large (over 300 pages, 2 languages) WP site to TYPO3.
>
> It would be great if there was some initial importing way, even simple;
> like creating all pages in root level and contents in one column per
> page. I could then rearrange everything. But of course more complex
> (keeping the structure and the language) importing would be even better :)

There are a few (old) extensions which claim to do imports of Wordpress:

- timtab_import_wp imports into timtab blog
- gl_wordpress imports entries from wordpress in what seems to be its
own record type; needs no_cache on the page which displays the result
- ws_wordpressgrab seems similar to gl_wordpress, but with more options
and support for "addthis"

Note: I have no knowledge of wordpress and this list was just the result
of a quick search.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member