[TYPO3-english] Indirect file links?

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Wed May 30 19:03:20 CEST 2012

Please respond to the mailinglist or use a newsreader first hand.

am Mittwoch 30.Mai 2012, 11:27:09 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> Thank you for responding to my post. I understand and agree with the
> approach you suggest but at
> the moment can't see the way to implement it (I'm fairly new to Typo3).
>
> I created a single CE containing my file link - that was easy. But now I
> can't see how to link to this common
> CE from my language specific CEs in my Software Downloads page.
>
> As far as I can see, the New Content Element options (text, image, file
> links etc) don't seem to allow linking
> to another CE elsewhere in the tree structure.  To give you a better
> idea of what I'm trying to do perhaps you
> could take a quick look at: SmartPick System Software under

your description leads me to a wrong conclusion

I thought you have a gerneral description and unique files to download in
the next paragraph.
this could be done in the way I described:

1 description language1		type: Text(with image)
  1a description language 2	type: Text(with image)
  1b description language 3	type: Text(with image)
  1c description language 4	type: Text(with image)
  1d description language 5	type: Text(with image)
  1e description language 6	type: Text(with image)

2 filelink [all] languages	type: file links

in 2 normaly the filename is shown, which is equal to all languages

what you want is a translation of the filelinktext, no filename.
This can be done only by an extension which manages the handling of
description for files
you either can use DAM for the whole installation.

because using DAM changes the behaviour of your installation dramtically,
I would prefer an extension especially for downloads, which manages the
translation of the description while using only one filereference. search
in TER for an suitable extension

bernd