[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 Free Worldwide Developer Listing

Andi cocopapa at gmail.com
Fri May 25 19:13:03 CEST 2012

Sorry for double posting but I mixed up the Mailinglist adresses. A theme like the Listing of TYPO3 Professionals actually belongs on the international reachable and understandable English Mailing List where also all Developers from India, Indonesia, Cambodia, China, Hongkong, nepal, Bangladesh, vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos, pakistan, Thailand, etc can read and understand it.

We need an Open Listing and not another Trial of European "German Swiss" Empowerment.

----

sorry it was the wrong button i pressed as the mail was not ready.

Again and again I only see lots of trials to make things unaffordable for top asian developers who work in the background of lots of german and european agencies without getting paid like them.

It is really a pitty that only money counts. Pay Silver for a year. Well this is poket money for anyone in Germany developing sites , perhaps even with the help of Asian or South American Manpower.

550 euro entrance fee plus 770 euro yearly fee plus 200 euro reviewfeewith no guarantee that their listing gets listed at all as the other requirements mentioned are mostly "pi mal daumen" depending perhaps even on goodwill. Therefore I recommend that there will be also an open listing available for free. Requirement of course would be that the website of the company is running on Typo3 - this is possible for any developer of Typo3 even without any costs involved.

This would give all those developers who are more or less excluded from reaching the mentioned requirements in near future. We here in Asia don't need another European approach to make some European Developers richer with the cheap manpower from the east as they can't promote themselves even they often do the real jobs ;-)

Joh316 is not at all met with this approach!

Such kind of "Western Only" listings is complete contraproductive for promoting TYPO3 ie here in Asia.

With the Asian Conference which seem to turn out like an Internet Conference TYPO3 could gain a bit more leads against very well and huge growing competitors like Drupal and Joomla here in Asia.

Already worries have been published if this would be only another European Meetup with a Cambodian Company. Prices are to high. Same it is with the Listing Prices on TYPO3.org. Instead of bringing the world community of TYPO3 Developers together it will help to fight a war west against east.

Why does the leadership in TYPO3 not realizes that things in Asia are simply working different and that especially a Free Open Source Product like TYPO3 should als promote the Free Open Source Idee in other parts of live. This does not mean Free = Free beer! but much more Free = Freedom.

A Listing which will cost an Asian developer a quarter to halfyears sallary is therefore not acceptable at all.

It is very very frustrating since about 3 years, accompanied by multiple updates which break things and often "are stable as a windows update"(Commentary from a customer) to see how nothing gets left out to leave the poor poor and make the rich even richer - often with the manpower of the poor.

As long as people all around the world depend on expensive travels to get certified and equal sharing of income is a simple dream we really need an open Listing without any finamcial hurdles involved.

"Inspire to share" is far far away from that what is going on since the last years, since the "T3-King" resigned from his thrown.

Andi

Sent from Andi's iPhone