[TYPO3-english] How to add records to database tables

Rowan Sylvester-Bradley rowan at sylvester-bradley.org
Fri May 25 14:26:39 CEST 2012

This will be another beginner's question:

I have installed introductionpackage-4.7.1 on my web server.

I have installed three plug-ins created by someone else. During its
installation one of these plug-ins created two new tables in the TYPO3
database. I have checked and these tables are present, with no records in
them.

According to the chap who developed these plug-ins, I should now  be able to
enter data into the database tables "using the List module of the Typo3 BE".
The only thing that looks like List is the List command under WEB on the
main TYPO3 backend page. If I click this, I just get a blank page, with
that I had to select something in the tree, but I can't see anything there
about the database or about tables in it.

How do I insert new records into existing tables in the database?

Thanks - Rowan