[TYPO3-english] Caching Framework questions

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon May 21 15:09:18 CEST 2012

Hi Victor,

> Or even, what is more important: is it bad to use system's
> 'cache_hash' instead of own one?

It's not really bad, it's even meant for storing various stuff. However
the cache_hash may become very large if you have a big web site, even
more so if you use multiple languages. If you use the default DB
backend, this may become an issue, as MySQL has a hard time handling
tables in the multi-GB range.

We stumbled on this issue
recently. In our case the site runs faster *without* cache_hash (we
"disabled" it by using the Null backend). Although we consider this to
be a temporary solution until we have fully tested a better cache
backend than the MySQL database, it is still an interesting observation
that a well-cached site (we use static file cache) runs real fine
without cache_hash.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter