[TYPO3-english] How to identify unneeded extensions?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed May 16 22:43:28 CEST 2012

Hi,

> I also use EXT extensionlist, it shows you which plugins are used on
> which pages, very useful when cleaning up old rubbish!

Didn't know about that one. I use additional_reports, which does the
same plus a lot more!

This is my base for finding out if an extension is used anywhere. If
it's not a plugin, it's more tricky. Hopefully if some extension depends
on another the author will have set the dependency and the EM will
refuse to uninstall it. If all else fails, grep'ing the whole "ext"
folder is indeed an option. It's pretty fast to do anyway, except if the
extension's name matches some common word.

HTH

--

Francois Suter