[TYPO3-english] Dmitry's mobile templating in Templavoila tutorial

Douglas La Farge douglas.lafarge at gmail.com
Tue May 15 02:01:39 CEST 2012

I've worked my way through this tutorial and have been able to get it to work.... sort of...
http://www.dmitry-dulepov.com/2009/04/creating-mobile-version-of-web-site.html

The last issue I have is with caching.

As all my pages are cached if a mobile device hits an uncached page first Typo3 renders the mobile version of the page and puts that into cache.  After that any browser (mobile or desktop) that requests that cached page gets the mobile version.

The opposite happens if a desktop browser requests an uncached page - mobile devices get the cached (desktop) version of the page.

is there a  work around for this?

regards,
Doug