[TYPO3-english] Is there any need for an English TYPO3 discussion forum?

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Mon May 14 15:20:22 CEST 2012

Dear Thomas, dear Andreas,

as also mentioned in this thread, there is a concrete plan to have an
official TYPO3 forum since last year's typo3.org relaunch week.

One prerequisite was that this forum stays in sync with newsgroups and
mailing lists. The good thing is that there is a nice software out
there, which makes this possible: FUDforum.

The only problem is that the person in charge isn't able to finish this
project (in a short-term scale). I did some improvements around
Christmas, however I also have already a lot of other responsibilities
inside the TYPO3 project.
Technically, everything is working fine already. The only problems,
which remain is that there are still a lot of design issues - we have a
PSD template, which "only" has to be implemented.

Andreas, what about getting your hands dirty and finishing the forum? I
really think that it is not too much work left and it would be very nice
to *finally* have this forum.
Would you be available to do this? If yes, please send me your SSH key
and I will give you access to the development server (and a short
introduction).

If no one of you jumps in to finish and maintain that project, I see no
way to have it in production much before the end of the year.

Kind regards
Steffen

BTW: Please don't use http://forumdev.typo3.org

- --
Steffen Gebert
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member
TYPO3 Server Administration Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

I work for TYPO3 solely in my spare time. If you think that
my work helps you running your business, you are invited to
send me a donation via PayPal to this email address. Thanks