[TYPO3-english] tt_content -> add new field via kickstarter -> intergrate in standard render process

Robert Wildling robertwildling at gmail.com
Sat May 12 21:51:52 CEST 2012

Hi and good evening,

I asked this question already in the German list, but yet there is no
solution.

The situation is actually quite simple and I'm a bit ashamed to ask it
here - be genlte with me, please :-)

All I want to achieve is that a field, newly added to tt_content via
kickstarter, shall be rendered everywhere. I do not want to write new TS
for every content element to include its content. So I thought doing
something like this:

tt_content.header.5 = TEXT
tt_content.header.5 {
   field = tx_neuesfeld
   required = 1
}

might do the job. But no, it doesnÄt.
Then I found this post:

http://www.typo3.net/forum/beitraege/extensions_schreiben/99312/

but the solution posted there doesn't work eiter.

Can anybody help me understand, why this is NOT working? And what the
proper approach to a solution would be?

BTW - the code sample is included on the start page, where several TS
templates are loaded: the first one handles some configurations (among
them the code sample), the last one handles the page setup and content
rendering like ...MARKER < styles.content.get.

Thanks!
Best regards, Robert