[TYPO3-english] Powermail: use PM as FE-submitter for tt_news: DB-inserts ok but problem with multiple selects

Bert Hiddink [BENDOO e-work solutions] hiddink at bendoo.nl
Thu May 10 12:51:24 CEST 2012

Hello,

I use Powermail as a FE-form for submitting news, the db-inserts I do
with the snippet below. This works just fine, also inserting categories
in the mm-table works fine (please look at the snippet below).

However, in case of a "multiple select", the form submits the value as
an array, "powermail_select powermail_uid9" becomes "powermail_select
powermail_uid9[]"

So in order to insert this array in the tt_news-table, I would have to
split the array before inserting, something like:
             20.3.split {
                  token = ,
                  cObjNum = 1
                  1.current = 1
             }

Tried several option but could not get this working. Any hints/ideas to
get me going again?

Thanks in advance!
Bert

#Working snippet for tt_news & categories, TODO: multiple selects

plugin.tx_powermail_pi1 {
     dbEntry {
       tt_news {
           _enable = TEXT
           _enable.value = 1
           _mm = COA
           _mm {
             10 = COA
             10 {
               # 1 is always the mm table
               1 = TEXT
               1.value = tt_news_cat_mm
               # 2 is always the other table
               2 = TEXT
               2.value = tt_news_cat
               # 3 is always the uid of the other table to get a
relation to this
               # (in this case uid_foreign of tt_news_cat_mm), first
selectbox
               3 = TEXT
               3.data = TSFE:fe_user|sesData|powermail_285|uid7
             }
             # Copy over to second selectbox, than to the third, etc...
             20 < .10
             20.3.data = TSFE:fe_user|sesData|powermail_285|uid9
           }
           pid = TEXT
           pid.value=18
           tstamp = TEXT
           tstamp.data = date:U
           crdate = TEXT
           crdate.data = date:U
           datetime = TEXT
           datetime.data = date:U
           title = TEXT
           title.data = TSFE:fe_user|sesData|powermail_285|uid1
           bodytext = TEXT
           bodytext.data = TSFE:fe_user|sesData|powermail_285|uid2
           bodytext.stripHtml = 1
       }
   }
}