[TYPO3-english] Renaming an extension - SOLVED

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Wed May 9 10:14:01 CEST 2012

I have doubts about that (but I'm not sure).
When copying the old wizard_doc.* files, all internal references are
related to files not existing anymore (pi1_old_name.php for example), so
any check would fail.

An inportant point.
When, as first trial, working on old extension I simply tried to change
the name of extension using kickstarter, it created new extension
folder, but kickstarter refused to work with new extension.

After having copied old_extension dir to new_extension_dir, and having
changed all references except wizard_doc.*, kistarter is working fine in
new extension and accepted easily the change of name (of course I told
it to NOT rewrite the most of files).

Regards,

Tonino

Il 08/05/2012 17:22, Robert Wildling ha scritto:
> Good to know! Thanks for posting.
> I was just considering whether the md5_values_last_written entries
> might be responsible for finding the correct values in the wizard_doc
> files... (ext_emconf.php)
>
> Cheers!
>

>> Kickstarter is working fine, now.
>>
>> First, I've copied old wizard_form.dat and wizard_form.html (containing
>> old extension names) inside new extension.
>> Second, I've used kickstarter to change names, and saved it.
>>
>> Now it works, I've changed extension name and kickstarter works with new
>> name.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Tonino
>>

>> Il 07/05/2012 23:20, Tonix (Antonio Nati) ha scritto:
>>> I have both wizard_form.dat and wizard_form.html.
>>> I changed inside them all references from old extension to new
>>> extension, but it is like they don't exist.
>>>
>>> Is there anything else besides these two files?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Tonino

         Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
    http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it