[TYPO3-english] Renaming an extension

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Mon May 7 19:25:15 CEST 2012

Thanks to your and other answer.

I did already what you suggest, before posting, and all worked nicely,
except there is no way to see the new extension inside kickstarter.

In whatever mode I rename (copy and rename) the extension, then finally,
when, using extension manager, I select 'Edit in Kickstarter', I don't
see anything of setup the extension should have (the same setup of old
extension).

No general info, no typoscript code, no frontend plugins.

How to make this rename effective, using kickstarter on new renamed
extension?

Regards,

Tonino

Il 03/05/2012 01:33, Richard Davies ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> It depends what you mean. If you just want the name itself to be different,
> change title in ext_emconf.php. If you want to change the whole thing so
> you can have two running, basically cloning an extension, this is what I do:
> If you have an extension called test_ext, and want to name it other_ext,
>
>     - Search replace through extension files,
>     - search for 'test_ext', replace with 'other_ext'.
>        - search for 'testext', replace with 'otherext'
>     - Search replace the extension filenames,
>        - search for 'test_ext', replace with 'other_ext'.
>        - search for 'testext', replace with 'otherext'
>     - Rename title in ext_emconf
>     - If you are doing so on an installed extension, rename the extension
>     tables (in mysql use RENAME TABLE
>     http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/rename-table.html)
>     - Clear cache
>     - (Re)Install extension as it was the 'old' extension that was installed
>
> I still work with pi_base extensions so I don't know if there are any extra
> quirks in extbase extensions.
>
> Richard
>

> On 3 May 2012 11:22, Tonix (Antonio Nati)<tonix at interazioni.it>  wrote:
>
>> I need to rename a working extension.
>> Is there a guide explaining which steps must be followed?
>> Did someone already try this change?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Tonino
>>
>> --

         Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
    http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it