[TYPO3-english] how to set up typo3 account

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue May 1 19:28:12 CEST 2012

Hi tom liu,

tom liu wrote:

> How could I set up typo3 account name/password. I did not install typo3,
> so I do not know the root username/password. But I can access cpanel. So
> is there anyway I can do this through cpanel?

You can either insert a new user into the beusers table directly or better,
go to http://yourdomain.example.org/typo3/install/ and follow the
instructions to enable and unlock the install tool and then go to the second
menu item (database) where you have a form to create a new user.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!